Pumpkin, Goats Cheese and Amaretti Risotto
27 Dec 2018 no comments peasandlove
1 small white onion
1 garlic clove
1 cup Arborio Rice
2 cups white wine
2 Ltrs Vegetable stock
10 amaretti biscuits
A large knob of butter
- Preheat oven to 220ºC.
- Chop your pumpkin into 2cm cubes and place on a baking tray. drizzle them in oil and a good amount of salt and pepper and place them in the oven for 30 mins.
- Finely chop onion and garlic and place in a large frying pan. Fry for 5 mins in butter, until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the rice and coat it in the butter and leave it to cook for another minute. Add the white wine and leave it to cook until all the liquid is absorbed. Chop 5/6 sage leaves finely and add to the rice.
- When the pumpkin is roasted – remove it from the oven and place half the chunks to one side to use later. The other half can be placed in a food processor and pureed.
- Slowly add the stock to the risotto until it is all absorbed and the rice has cooked for approximately 15-18 mins and is soft.
- When all the water is absorbed – add the pureed and chunks of pumpkin to the risotto.
- In a clean pan, add a large piece of butter and fry some whole sage leaves until they are crisp.
- Plate the risotto and sprinkle with crushed amaretti biscuits, goats cheese and fried sage leaves.